Monday 1 February 2010

'Monday, Monday, so good to me...'

I had a lot of tunes going through my head today. 'Whip crack away!', the Conga....?! I put on my Bach for Meditation CD and it helped clear out the junk...

A lot of people had colds today. My line manager, a private student....oh, just two. It seemed more. I take vitamin C and use an antiseptic on my hands when someone has a cold to stop my being a carrier. Or from catching the wretched lurgy myself. Health and Safety and all that.

This morning, MA’s were treated to Dart Procedure ‘flippers’, to complete their education on arms this morning, the gift of a ‘magic lemon’, (thank you Quantum Reading, Paul Hobbs), a Happening inspired by silent meeting of my local Quaker group, a whizz round the map of our breathing apparatus, and a demonstration to the ‘Higher Creative Self’ (applying AT to character transformation) as presented by me at the last AT International Congress in Lugano 2008. Wow! That was a lot.

The relationship with the photocopier first thing continues to be not particularly happy - same with sewing machines, they often seem to jam with me. (Must be the Penny electro magnetic field which I was discussing in a private lesson later today – the existence or otherwise of this, also called Chi perhaps....)

A working lunch ,as we had a staff meeting to discuss students' progress, a swift walk to the main building (allowing the trees, lamp-posts, ArtsEd building, 2 pm to come to me as I walked) and an enjoyable first stagger-through of 12th Night. My lips are sealed. Feedback to director on Thursday. Great to see some actors really transforming themselves out of quite stubborn ‘use’ patterns.

Another swift return to Old St and private lessons this evening, too private to write about. Except to say one was an ex-ArtsEd student which was nice. In fact it was that sort of ex-ArtsEd-student day, as S knocked on the door of our staff meeting with her new baby. Hurrah! She was pregnant in the course and so good to see the outside version of the bump!

Chilled out afterwards, eating supper whilst watching TV NCIS and missing my darling Mo whom I won’t see now till April. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment