Tuesday 26 January 2010

Alexander Swimming


I went swimming this morning at the Ironmnoger Row Baths nearby. I intend to go two or three times a week but sadly this doesn't always happen. So I made sure today. I love practising Shaw Method there. My crawl is no longer the frantic thrashing and I have learnt that backstroke is more like sidestroke, or crawl upside down. Both much improved. And my breast stroke ......well, this is more of a challenge, to remember to really duck under and up and it's most enjoyable when I seem to find the flow, but it is a little haphazard. Today I found it by the end, and really felt my head leading rather than my arms. It felt more contained and powerful, using the water well. I do enjoy floating along, but...without end-gaining - I really would like to go a bit faster! Sigh. if you want to find out more about Shaw Method Swimming you can go to www.artofswimming.com

Today there were hordes of little girls in the changing room with their frazzled teacher 'Put your socks on last Veronica, otherwise they will get soggy'......and the girls squeak like little guinea pigs as they rush through the rather cool shower. It will be lovely when they have done the place up, but I shall sure miss it for the 2 years it wil be closed....

Of course swimming in Alonnisos is the best as the photo shows.....that was at Steni Vala last year.
Tonight I was at my Chi Kung class with Master Lamb. I did metal, water and fire positions. The chap next to me was shaking again. It was a very chatty session - Master Lam is insistent we don't try to quieten the mind as we are all beginners and need more to relax. I found it very useful this evening to relax my eyes ....zzzzz

No comments:

Post a Comment