Tuesday 19 January 2010

Another day in the life of.....

An admin day today, joyfullly relieved by two private lessons, one being an 'emergency' booking from a pregnant student of mine who is overdue by 10 days and I had offered to 'free something up'. Nothing dramatic happened but watch this space.
This evening I braved the cold evening and went to the first Chi Kung class of the year with Master Lam down in Lambeth North. It's a beginners' class. I love being a beginner. I have a uneasy spine which Chi seems to exarcebate sometimes. I remember on my 2nd Initiation for Reiki, I sat for an hour with my eyes closed in a straight backed chair whilst the initiator did his stuff over the three of us, and my spine seemed on fire. I do my best not to narrow or interfere, to come out into the whole, direct myself up, inhibit my reaction to extreme discomfort but invariably it is only good old semi-supine that sorts it out again. Tonight there were two new people and unusually both got the shakes.
I had this myself in an Alexander lesson with Margaret Edis early on in my Alexander Life. I didn't know I had hip joints at the time and she gently touched them and whoosh! off I went ....started at the legs and then my whole body started trembling. She and Judith my other teacher laid me on the table and worked on me as I shook. It was very exhiliarating, and it made me laugh that something so wildly involuntary was happening. I had an incredible ache in the hip joints when I finished - they had just had quite a workout after all- but I can honestly say they never felt the same again -that extreme tightness I held had gone.
I shall sleep well tonight. Last night I dreamt when my students left the building a huge Gonzilla creature was tossing people about and eating them. I retreated into my flat and looked out of the window the other side to see that the Gherkin office block had fallen over and smoke was pouring out of it. At that moment my usually quiet neighbours decided to have a party in my teaching room, gaining access via a secret panel in my bathroom.......more change on the way I guess....

No comments:

Post a Comment